[Top 5] Best Budget Bike Computer
In this article, we will be mainly looking at the best budget bike computer that is available in the market right now. Why choose a bike computer? The answer is, it is an easy tool to track your progress rather than using a smartphone as the computer! There are a lot of features that are specific to these Bike computers/bicycle computers and this article will illustrate all of them including the best budget Computers you can buy even today. Just like the important bike accessories like Bicycle helmet, bicycle sunglasses, and bicycle lights. The bicycle computer also play an important role in the accessory list.
If you are looking for the best bike computer in 2019 or the best budget bike computers in India, then you are on the right page, even though the links in this article point to the Amazon India website, you can still buy the same from the Com domain as well. Do not forget to drop your comments as to what you thought about the list to the fellow bicycle enthusiast!
Why buy a bike/bicycle computer?
Note: There are a ton of apps on the Appstore that you can download and use it in your smartphone to track you. But these are hardly accurate or even possible to sense your progress unless it is connected to the bike.
- Using smartphones on your bike handle raises the obvious question of damage to the smartphone in case it falls down during the commute
- It will not track the progress(Kilometers traveled, average speed, time is taken to commute etc) accurately at all. Since smartphone relies heavily on your GPS location, it can never be a hundred percent accurate.
- Owing to data privacy and also GPS running on your phone, it will require constant charging while the cycle computers can run for months on just a pair of batteries.
You have to own a cycle computer in 2019 which will fit your budget for a lot of these reasons only.
Choose out your cycle computer of the following for this reason. All these are tested and tried products and will definitely add on to the bicycling experience.
Note: The list is arranged from budget to premium products, and are heavily reviewed under primarily – Affordability, Durability, and features. Make your buying decision after reading the article.
If you are just a beginner and want to try out a decent, under budget Bike computer, then Sunding is your choice. This Cyclo computer even though performs basic operations – Speedometer calculation and Odometer Calculation is heavily slashed in price.
The Bicycle computer can cut down a lot on the stress of worrying about the kilometers traveled by using a mobile phone and maps all the time. This Waterproof cycle computer does the work for you. Priced well below the budget for a lot of the cyclers, it is a must-buy since it can act as a spare any time.
It has an LCD screen along with a good Speedometer and Odometer combination in it. It does the work properly compared to the other cheaper ones in the market. A lot of the peer reviews and after reviewing it ourselves, it is really accurate for the price point.
1. Good accuracy
2. Easy to set up and use.
3. Clear and readable display unit – Uses an LCD display
4. Uses the standard LR44 battery unit.
- Small in size. However, a lot of quality cyclometers are around the same size except the premium products like Garmin and Cateye
- Difficult to read for night drivers since it does not have a backlight. However, if you have some space in your budget check out the next product, costs just a couple hundred INR more than this and is another stellar product for the price point.
Buy the product directly here – AMAZON
This product is a definite upgrade to the Sunding cyclometer because of the additional backlight features that are an instant hit among the cyclers! With the price point for which it sells, it can definitely be called the best budget Cycle computer in India. With a lot of features(Upto 12 features) inbuilt in this small device, it is a must-have for all the cycle enthusiasts and commuters alike. Since this article is about the best budget Cycle computers that are available in India, the bicyclemonks recommend this product to the readers!
The bike computer is a wireless Speedometer available in the market with a very low price point. It has an LCD screen along with backlight and 12 additional features apart from speedometer and odometer. Got over 20 different features and 12 new additional features that are new to this product. From temperature sensor to maintenance alert and low battery indicator this looks like a Smartphone on an LCD screen!! The sensors that connect to the cycle rim have to be done a bit carefully so as to avoid complications while riding, except for that part the computer as such works very good.
- It contains auto backlight for night time and day time riders alike.
- Waterproof odometer
- Lot of modes to choose from and perform reading based on that.
- Very well priced for the different features it provides.
- Works on a simple coin battery for months!
- Tricky to set up the sensors the first time. Even though it is a one-time setup, requires careful placing on the magnet on the rim
Buy the Computer directly from here – AMAZON
This is where the cycle computer starts getting to the “premium” brand of bike computers. We are not including anything that is above 10000INR in this list, so this one fits the perfect Budget Cycle computer that has a brand name behind it. Priced around 3k INR, the Cateye Velo 7 launched in 2018 is a really a bang for the buck.
If you are a serious cycling enthusiast that has some room in the budget for cycle computers, this has your name written on it. We still have the Cateye Velo 9, coming up next in the list, but this one is nothing short compared to that(There are quite a few other features that come under Cateye Velo 9).
2. Distance traveled
3. Maximum Speed
4. Average Speed
5. Time taken for distance traveled
6. Total KMs covered as on date.
1. It has no GPS feature(Like mentioned no cycle computers provide the GPS feature in this price range)
Another super useful cycle computers for enthusiastic hobby cyclists. It gives all the basic information about your ride on a large and easy to read display. It looks and feels quite robust. The two main set up buttons are on the back of the unit.
It is not wireless. The wireless version costs a lot more and is not going to matter much unless you want to hold an iPhone equivalent cycle computer in your hands. If you have landed on this page looking for the Cateye Velo 9 vs Cateye Velo 7, then here is the difference between the two products.
Cateye Velo 9 vs Cateye Velo 7
The main difference between the two other than the price point(Cateye Velo 9 is around the 4k INR range) is that there are 9 features in the Cateye Velo 9, 2 more than what is present in the Velo 7.
7 Features common to both the Products
- Current speed
- Maximum speed
- Average speed
- Trip distance
- Total distance
- Elapsed time
The additional two features that are present in Cateye Velo 9 are
- Calorie consumption
- Carbon offset
Other than these 2 there is technically very less difference.
- Cateye Velo 9 and Cateye Velo 7 are both wired.
- Cateye Velo 9 is a bit bigger in size with better readable LCD screen
Thus the better of the two is up to you readers, depending on what you require out of this Cateye Cyclocomputers.
Buy this product directly here – AMAZON
Alright, even before you read, the only reason why this is in the list of the Top 5 Best Budget bike computers in India is because of the reason that the GPS is present on the computer and is the only reason why it is included.
Albeit the other reason why this is in the list is obviously because of its super high number of features. It is often considered as an inexpensive Garmin computer owning to how packed the feature is compared to other higher-end Cycle Computers. It is a small unit but the screen is clear and sharp and no trouble reading the data when attached to the stem post of my handles. Complete no setup required, pop it in your bike handle and start riding!
Other super cool feature other than all the usual one includes the Lap time signaling, where it will signal an alert when you cross the Lap time set previously. Very good battery life paired with the ease of use is a definite winner for the price point plus the brand name
One super awesome feature is the ability to download a course to the Garmin and follow the small breadcrumb trail on the screen. It creates a newer experience and is a super fun thing to do if you are riding alone.
- It is a Garmin product! It does not need an introduction.
- Probably the inexpensive Garmin product, great packed features.
- Has GPS, Preloaded map feature.
- Cannot record the Heart rate or the Cadence, Garmin 500 is the product for that!
Note: If you are really serious about cycling and definitely want GPS, you can choose the Garmin only then.
Directly buy the product from here – AMAZON
Best budget bike computers in India
The choice of Bike computer is completely up to the reader because we have a vast feature list that determines the need! The recommendation will be the Adeeing bike computer for the budget bikers and the Cateye Velo 7 for everyday commuters and the Garmin Edge 200 for the serious cycling enthusiast!